Saturday, April 04, 2009

This one's for the Jug O' Water

Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?! 'Have you ever kissed someone? Missed someone? Told someone you loved them? Drank alcohol?' 49 questions for the people who are a little older...Tag me when you finish. I'm too self absorbed to pass these stupid things up.

What bill do you hate paying the most?
The ones I forget are due.

Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Little Dan's BBQ

What do you really want to be doing right now?
laughing

How many colleges did you attend?
One. I got my master's from a different college, but I only took one on campus class (the rest were distance learning classes housed at local schools) so I don't consider that attending.

Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Cause it was right near the bathroom door.

What are your thoughts on gas prices?
That this correction has been a long time coming and we really need to get off our addiction to this limited supply resource.... but it's nice to be able to afford to drive around to see family.

First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Why is JOAD so stinkin' early on a Saturday?

Last thought before going to sleep last night?
my body is older than my mind

Do you miss being a child?
I sometimes miss the freedom to just go play when there's work to be done, but usually you couldn't pay me enough to do it again. Except college. I'd go back and take random classes and live in the dorms in a heart beat.

What errand/chore do you despise?
Raking the lawn.

Get up early or sleep in?
sleep in. I still think school should run 10-4.

Have you found real love yet?
yup.

Favorite lunch meat?
right now I'm on a salami italian kick

What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I try hard to avoid Ho-Mart. They treat their employees like crap, no matter what their fancy ad campaign makes you think. Look out for the little guy!

Beach or lake?
isolated lake, but I wouldn't turn down a trip to the beach

Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
not at all! You learn a lot about yourself and a lot about what forever really means.

Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
I haven't seen either yet. Plan to 'Flix 'em both eventually.

What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Oh man... today I think Peter Sagal.

Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
too many times. *sigh*

Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
no, but I do have one.

Ring tone?
vibrate or the closest thing to a boring old ring

Ringback tone?
I don't even know what this is.

Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
some might say the shower, but I was just economizing my time.

Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
Why CA? I would like to go back to San Fransisco and see it right. 24 hours with 4 kids was not enough time.

Do you go to church?
Not anymore.

At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Neither. I love teaching and I love my husband. I guess a new friendship could be fun, but honestly, I have some pretty rockin' friends taking care of me already, so...

How old are you?
39.... although I really think of myself as 34 max.

Do you have a go to person?
yup-- depends on the situation who gets gone-to first.

Are you where you want to be in life?
Sure am.... except for the debt. Working on that.

Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
I remember a lot of live action-- Sesame, Electric Company, and Mr. Rogers, HR Puffenstuff, Land of the Lost, Sigmund the Seamonster, Electric Woman and Dinah Girl, Oh Mighty Isis.

What about you do you think has changed the most?
Contentment

Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
Not a chance. Not even the second best.

Are there times that you still feel like a kid?
Sure, but less and less often.

Did you ever own troll dolls?
Yea. My mom did too.

Did you have a pager?
Never. Don't think I'll ever have one.

Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
Usually someone else's house. My parents were too strict.

Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
Oh my yes. Goody goody all the way. Hard working, took school seriously, but also liked to have harmless, clean fun. You betcha.

Who do you think impacted your life the most?
No one person has impacted me the most-- but everyone has impacted me in some way.

Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
A whole bunch. Mrs. T. Mr. Bissell. Lib and Cas. Mr. and Mrs. Houghton. I really could go on...

Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?
Daily, but not in the way you might think. I use them as teaching tools, and they're often about the stupid things I did or the moments that have helped shape me into who I am today.

No comments: