Monday, April 04, 2011

... and we're back!

So I know I've been quiet... I haven't forgotten you all, but I have been too distracted to write all those thoughts down.  It's too much to explain, so let me try to sum up:

*It's now April, and we're in this weird not-yet-fourth-quarter-because-of-snow-pushed-the-end-of-third-quarter week. Vacation is 9 working days away. Not quite sure how this has all happened, but here we are.
*This year continues to challenge me, mostly emotionally. Things get really bad, and I stand on the edge of breaking, and then am able to step back and breathe. Today was a good day: multiple kids showed some serious gains and self restraint. Tomorrow is a new day, and one never knows, but today was a good day.
*I was overwhelmed with the love and well wishes from all my peeps on my rather snowy birthday. It is always overwhelming to be carried along on such a wave of love. One of the best parts of being a teacher is getting to watch kids become adults. In the midst of all sorts of chaos that seems like it's the most important thing EVER (do you remember your SAT scores, or the score of the championship game? Me either!) they figure out who they are and what matters to them. And when they take the time to send me birthday greetings, it melts my heart.

No matter what, I love my job. I can not imagine doing anything else, and if I'm lucky, I'll never have to.

1 comment:

SJ said...

Welcome back! And I envy you for getting back on the blog horse. I was reminded over the weekend when I went to go a homework assignment on my "school" blog that I have not posted anything to SJ's Beat since Nov. Time to find some inspiration!