Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I just stick out my chin, and grin and say....

As I look around me, everyone is struggling. Kids are in constant crisis, and not just my sunshines. I hear reports of students crying, getting in trouble, losing their cool. Teachers, too, are on the brink... budget questions loom, and we have no idea what is going to make the cut or not. In short, people are on edge, and are in some serious need of a break. And we need more than a Kit Kat bar.

So where do we go from here? I go back to where I always go: strengthen your relationships. Check in on your friends and neighbors. Be kind to others, if only because you can. We may not be able to control our circumstances, but we can control how we react to them. I choose to see my glasses as half full, even when the logical side of me knows they are probably mostly empty. And on those really bad days, I do try to channel Scarlet O'Hara, and to help others do the same.

So, my dear friends and kind readers, thank you for taking the time to check in on me. I could survive with a lot less things, but my world would not be the same without each and every one of you.

Hang On...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great advice! In times of crisis we need each other more than ever, and of all of the bad that can (and will) come from a failing economy (etc), I hope that we will hold onto that truth - humans are pack animals, and together we can weather anything, but separated and fighting we all lose.

Great song, by the way. Thanks for sharing it ;).