Friday, June 13, 2008

The best job in the world.

So I had 3 sunshines graduate today. Each of them thanked me, as did all of their families. I don't do this for the personal glory, but it is wonderful having people acknowledge the struggle and what it took us all to help them overcome it. I was astounded to look out at a private graduation ceremony an see a packed house there for 3 kids-- current students, past students (who hated school and couldn't wait to blow town), and probably future students along with family and high school teachers... a very impressive sight. My graduates deserved every ounce of attention they got, and I'm teary remembering the day. I am one proud teacher today. This is why I do what I do.

As one of them posted to the student lounge: I just want to thank Mrs. Buck for helping me get threw school.
Clearly I done good, huh? Spelling is so overrated....

No comments: