Friday, August 29, 2008

first day

Here they are, ready to go... Boy pointed out that instead of getting a pic of them boarding the bus, getting in the van made as much sense. Since I'm one of those mom's who drops her kids at school, he's right. Now, my reason for this is purely selfish: the bus comes by at 7 AM, and if I drop them on my way to work, I can SLEEP until 7. No brainer there. Honestly, the only thing I hate about my job is that it starts at 7:50 AM. I dislike getting out of bed at such an early hour, and resent having to go to bed long before Letterman's Top Ten hits the airwaves. Otherwise, I do love what I do.

It was good to see my sunshines again this week. Some changes in their personal lives, but they all came back on day 1. I'm not sure if that is a record, but it's darned close. I feel pretty good about that. And they told me their stories. We're adapting to our new space-- it's different being around people again, but I think it's going to work. Life is good in our little fishbowl.

But tonight I get to stay up a little later and sleep a bit longer in the morning... although not much, because we have soccer practice at 9 AM. Humph.

1 comment:

phenomemom said...

Yeah, I'm one of the drivers too. I just am not a fan of buses. I hate chaos, Thing 1 hates chaos (Thing 2 thrives on chaos) and I just don't like the idea of them starting their day on a crowded noisy bus.

Besides, I like having the 6 minutes with them trapped in the car with me. They like to chitchat in the morning and I like having a captive audience.

:)