1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? whatever I have saved to reuse from Christmas' past. And I have a lot saved...
2. Real tree or Artificial? always real
3. When do you put up the tree? this week-- Monday night.
4. When do you take the tree down? usually Dec 27-- the day before Cate's birthday!
5. Do you like eggnog? no. If it was called something else I'm sure I'd love it, but I can't get beyond the idea of drinking raw eggs...
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got a dr. kit one year that I loved...
7. Hardest person to buy for? depends on the year. This year, my brother.
8. Easiest person to buy for? the kids, especially Girly. She just loves everything.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes. My mom got it for me. It's made of olive wood, and it looks like the one she got from her mother. I have the same cookie cutter set my mom has, too. I love those sorts of traditions.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I"m sure there is one, but I can't think of it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When the mood hits. Usually December, although this year I started in early fall trying to spread out the payments!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I recycle EVERYTHING (see #1) so yes, if I get something I won't use and someone else will, you bet!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? yes
16. Lights on the tree? yes, all white
17. Favorite Christmas song? Fairytale of New York by the Pogues with Kirsty McCall.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Home Christmas day, but travel all around before.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all….Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star. made it myself the year we were married of this stuff probably meant to top a gift. It's ugly, but there it is.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. Always.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When people do things because they "have to" and don't enjoy the season.
23. What theme or color are you using? um.... theme?
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? lamb roast, but I've never met a dinner I didn't like.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a debt free season!!