Monday, December 01, 2008

updates

The oven: not the news I was hoping for. Friday at the earliest. We need a new ignitor, and need the part to get here, which takes 3-5 days. So, it's either stove top cooking or using the oven at school. Cookie swap cookies may just get baked with my students on Friday. Service learning or something, right?

The sunshines: I got a visit from a student today needing help. The situation is not good, but between a bunch of support people, we've got him on the path to resolving the issue. I had some resources from my fall alted conference that were very helpful ($100 well spent!!). While it pains me to have to help them all through these messes, it's further confirmation that I'm where I belong. "I didn't know what else to do, so I came to you."

The budget: working on next year's budget, which means I need to have next year's schedule. What is that going to look like? I don't know exactally.... so I'm throwing arrows in the dark.

The shopping: almost everything is purchased. I believe we're down to less than than half a dozen things to get. Then I just have a few CDs to burn and cookies to bake, and we're good to know. Feeling good about that.

Stay tuned. More news at 11.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having a student trust you with what is REALLY on their mind is so gratifying. And you do it better than anyone I know.

Keep fighting the good fight.