Wednesday, December 10, 2008

my turn

So I was observed today. I really had no idea what to expect, what with The New Guy as my principal this year. It was fairly painless, except my kids were so nervous that they made me nervous. I talked to them about the Cuban Missile Crisis-- one of my favorite topics in recent US History. Kennedy may have been a lot of things, but he was a really good President. I mean, dude, he talked his way out of a nuclear war off the coast of Florida in the height of the Cold War-- and came out making Krushchev looking a bit weak! Anyhow, this is one of those topics that I want them to at least recognize when someone mentions it. (Yes, a lot of my lessons are built around them not looking dumb in some future hypothetical conversation, but I gotta use something as a filter, right?) Anyhow, I think it went ok, and the kids actually got involved in the conversation, and no one let an F-bomb slip. In short, they tried to make me look good. I'm not sure how New Guy defines success, but that works for me.

No comments: