Wednesday, July 01, 2009

(I would ride) 500 miles*

WB revised our flight plan this morning, with our end point being Madison, WI. It was an 8 hour drive (not counting traffic in Chicago), and Gramma S. and my Fabulous Uncle graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, so a brief visit was almost mandatory.

We accomplished the goal. After showers and breakfast, we hit I-90 at 11 AM. Ohio went on... followed by Indiana and Illinois. Driving through the heart of Chi-town was not fun. Especially at 4:30 PM. We landed in Madison at 8 PM. The kids had earned a swim, and then we had dinner and found the campus. Sadly, it was 9:30 by then, and our tour would not make Dori or Camille's short list of greatest college tours ever, except that we went out of our way to take our kids to a campus at 9:30 at night. They saw the library... and some buildings we couldn't identify. I wish we could have poked around, but that will have to wait for another trip.

Tomorrow's destination is Fargo, ND. You betcha!

*Mike, I can't toss you an easier softball. Hit it outta the park already!

6 comments:

Nic said...

Well I "Proclaim" that you have referenced a very favorite song. do I get a pretty for my late night blog reading??? Glad things are going well. Loves -- Nic

The Buck Shoots Here said...

You do get a pretty... but what you get depends on what cool pic I take :) Hope life at home is going well!

Wendy said...

Arghh! We are so not in sync! Second day in a row when I knew the reference and missed the boat. *whine*

I hear weird stuff happens in Fargo. Take care ;).

Mike said...

A full 12 hours off the mark.

Sigh

Lea Nolette said...

Hi, it's Lea, writing for Nanny! No internet in ND! She'll write later! Thanks! Bye!

The Buck Shoots Here said...

Oh people, everyone who plays is a winner! I'm a teacher for heaven's sake-- we can all earn the prize, together!

If my cool shot-out-the-window-through-the-sideview-mirror comes out, that's what y'all get. Otherwise, who knows?