Thursday, July 09, 2009

should we stay or should we go?*

Today found us exploring again. It was cold and rainy (note that I have less guilt now!) so we decided it would be a good day to find Bozeman Hot Springs. I ventured out with map in hand and my two plus Cousin O in the back seats. I could get used to having a hot spring around-- it's a hot tub with water heated from the earth. It's perfect for my recycling nature-- no energy expended heating cold water-- just hot, soothing water ready for soaking at all times! Unfortunately, other people like these hot springs too.

And therein lies the rub: while I love my peeps of all kinds, I'm not such a fan of hanging out in pools with rude, oblivious people of all ages. I had to yell at one group of middle schoolers, trying to splash their buddies and repeatedly getting me. I let it go the first time... and then the famous Meanie came out. What's worse, though, is the adults supposedly watching their charges. They say nothing, ever. If I hadn't had 3 kids of my own to care for, I'd have just submerged myself in the steaming water and pretended no one else existed. Instead I convinced the 8,9, and 11 year olds that they, too, would rather sit and soak than play in the pool. Well, it worked for a little while...


Later in the evening, Cousin O had a pot luck for his baseball team so we took Cousin H to Columbo's pizza with us. I have to say, with all apologies to JOB, I had the BEST pizza of my life tonight. Crunchy crust with basil sauce and mozzarella, garlic, chicken, broccoli, and roasted red peppers. Heavenly. I am in love. They even have good local beer on tap. Again, there are a lot of reasons to stick around town... but the vast numbers of people would probably overrule pizza and hot springs love. Probably.


Oh, this last pic is a request of Wendy: kids in the sun at the town pool yesterday. Again with all the people! Give me a quiet riverbank that is hidden from the world anyday.

*Beaner and Nutty, I'm tossing this title out to you. Do you get the reference? Make your rockin' nanny proud...

4 comments:

Lea said...

Miss you guys TONS! The Clash wonders if we go there will be trouble, but if we stay there will be double??? Love -- Lea

Wendy said...

Thanks for the picture, but guess what? It's sunny today! Imagine that ... I was beginning to wonder ;).

rach :) said...

Beaner, you make me so happy! We miss you and love you lots and lots! Tell all your parents we miss them too! (And Cate wonders, if you get a chance, could you go pet Kitty? She thinks she might be missing her people. But no worries if you can't.)

Katie said...

We went over to check the basement (which looks fine) and we patted Kitty too! Good job Lea!