Saturday, March 29, 2008

In response to SJ...

What My Shamrock Says About Me:

You are well balanced and good at taking charge. You have good judgment.

Sometimes you take on too many projects at once. You get stressed out rather easily.

You don't really consider yourself a lucky person. In your view, people create their own luck.

You are traditional, easy going, and appreciative of the simple things in life.



I do believe in luck, however. Sometimes it's all about who you know, which family into which you were born, or someone leaving your dream job 2 weeks after your youngest starts kindergarten. It is luck when a nice person drives by and helps you after an accident instead of the rapist coming by 15 minutes later. Luck, and lack thereof, is the only explanation to why some people float through life and others struggle for every penny. Yes, we all have some control of our own destiny, and can work to change out luck, but when there are 25 qualified canditates for 1 position, luck is the deciding factor.

I don't mind being traditional, easy going, and appreciative of the simple things in life. At one point I thought I didn't like tradition, but it turns out what I really didn't like was being like everyone else.

Taking charge? Um, yea, never had a problem there.

2 comments:

SJane said...

See the shamrock knows all!

Unknown said...

Reminds me of 'Til Tuesday:

"I wish you believed in life/
believed in fate/believed you were lucky/and worth the wait/cause life would be lovely/oh, life would be f--cking great"

I'm glad you believe in luck and fate. And life, indeed, IS f--ing great.